OpenFin Notification Center
The OpenFin Notification Center provides developers with a uniform way to create, display and organize desktop notifications as well as responding to notification events.
Notifications will be displayed as toasts as well as being listed and organized in a Notification Center. The Notification Center can be accessed by clicking on the Notifications icon in the system tray.
This project consist of 3 parts:
- The Notification Center, displaying and managing notifications
- The Notification Center Client Library, exposing APIs for applications to create and manage notifications
- The Notification Studio, A visual editor for user notifications.
- OpenFin version used by the Notifications Provider = 220.127.116.11
- OpenFin RVM >= 4.7
- Create notifications.
- Clear and dismiss notifications.
- Attach handlers for when notifications are created, closed, and interacted with.
- Attach indicators and buttons with actions to notifications.
- Persist notifications in the Notification Center.
- Persist notification toasts.
- Create expiring and/or future notifications.
- Search notifications in the Notification Center.
- Create notifications with markdown, form, premade or custom templated notification content.
- Create grouping streams for notifications.
- Create pop-out frame windows for individiual notification senders and streams.
- Customize to specify the Notification Center and notification toast corners on screen.
- Customize Notification Center theme via Workspace Platforms.
Integrating the Notification Center within an application is done by importing the Client API.
Import the Client API
npm install openfin-notifications
The client library is also available as a resource which can be included via
This will expose the global variable
notifications with the API methods documented in the link below. Example:
const notes = await notifications.getAll();
The client module exports a set of functions, documented in the API docs.
Documentation is available here.